What you’ll need:
- 3 antique plates in various sizes (I used 2 dinner plates and 1 salad plate)
- Super glue or Gorilla Glue
- 2 glass candlestick holders (I got mine from the Dollar Store!)
These darling dessert stands are super easy. I ordered the plates on Etsy, but you can also collect them from antique stores.
1. Wash the plates and candlesticks and let dry.
2. Figure out how you’d like to order your stand. You’ll want the big plates on the bottom, with smaller ones on top for a nice tier.
3. Apply a thin layer of glue around the the edge of the base of the candlestick holder. You’ll want to find the right balance - you need enough glue to firmly secure the candlestick holder to the plate, but you also want to keep the glue hidden from view as much as possible. The Gorilla Glue I used puffed up a bit so keep that in mind. Place the glued end on top of the bottom dinner plate. Let dry.
4. Apply a thin layer of glue around the top of the candle stick holder and place the middle plate on top. Let dry.
5. Repeat the process with the top tier, lining up the candlestick holders as closely as you can.